A malware assault concentrating on the Alaska Division of Well being and Social Companies’ web site has prompted the disruption of some on-line providers as the web site stays unavailable to the general public, the state well being division mentioned Tuesday night.
Investigators haven’t but decided whether or not the cyberattack compromised confidential or private data, DHSS mentioned in a statement.
“Presently, there are not any particulars about who initiated the assault, why they focused DHSS, whether or not this assault is expounded to another current assaults, or how lengthy the web site could also be down,” the state well being division mentioned, including that it’s “anticipated to take a while to totally perceive the total scope and impression of the incident.”
The dhss.alaska.gov web site was taken offline Monday night and can stay unavailable because the investigation continues, the state well being division mentioned. COVID-19 vaccine appointment scheduling and information dashboards stay accessible at covid19.alaska.gov, as they’re hosted by outdoors sources.
DHSS mentioned in a press release that it’s investigating the cyberattack “in cooperation with the suitable authorities and is taking rapid actions to stop additional disruption and hurt to its servers, techniques and databases.”
That is the second current malware assault reported by a state company in current weeks: On Might 1, the Alaska Courtroom System disconnected many of its services from the internet after somebody outdoors the community positioned malware on the system, together with 4 servers and two computer systems.
“Sadly, this kind of malicious assault is a part of the price of conducting any type of enterprise on-line as there are fixed threats from individuals worldwide attempting to infiltrate IT techniques,” DHSS Commissioner Adam Crum mentioned within the assertion. “I need to guarantee Alaskans that our division is doing every part doable to get our web site again up and operating safely and to grasp the scope of the assault, its impacts, and the way to stop this from taking place sooner or later.”
These needing cellphone help throughout enterprise hours, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., might contact DHSS at 907-269-7800.
Beneath is the DHSS listing of providers which are offline as of Tuesday:
• AKAIMS: Alaska’s behavioral well being and substance abuse administration system
• State of Alaska very important data system
• DHSS background test system
• Discover a childcare supplier
• Case administration system: Short-term Help for Needy Households (TANF) work actions
• IBIS: Indicator Based mostly Data System for Public Well being
• ILP: Grantee primarily based system for Toddler Studying Program (grantee-based data alternate for the Toddler Studying Program, grantee-based reporting for the Toddler Studying Program)
• SAGE: system for faculties to report vaccine information to Public Well being
• YODA: Youth Offender Knowledge Software for youth courts
• GEMS: grantee portal for Grants Digital Administration System
• AKVaxMatch: Alaska supplier vaccine alternate
• Developmental disabilities waiver on-line type
• DHSS epidemiological bulletins
• Rely of accessible beds in numerous behavioral well being services
• Evaluation course of for well being care development tasks and gear purchases state expends for Medicaid
• Important statistics on-line information request type