Who Is a Most cancers Survivor?
- A most cancers survivor is any individual with a historical past of most cancers, from the time of prognosis via the rest of their life.
- In 2019, there have been: 580,000 most cancers survivors in Ohio.
- An estimated 67% of Ohioans survive 5 years or extra after their prognosis (primarily based on knowledge from 2011-2017).
Most cancers Survival Is Bettering
- Survival amongst Ohioans has been enhancing since 1996 for all cancers mixed.
- From 1996 to 2013, most cancers survival was highest for white females and lowest for Black females.
- Black males had the best enhance in survival (23%), adopted by Black females (20%).
Persistent Well being Situations Amongst Most cancers Survivors
- Most cancers survivors usually tend to produce other continual circumstances throughout their lifetime than adults not recognized with most cancers.
Making Wholesome Decisions
Making wholesome selections is essential throughout and after most cancers therapy. Most cancers survivors can decrease their danger of getting most cancers once more by making wholesome selections.
- Comply with your physician’s directions for follow-up care.
- 21% of most cancers survivors are present people who smoke. If you happen to smoke, attempt to give up, and keep away from different individuals’s smoke. For assist quitting tobacco, name 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- Restrict the quantity of alcohol you drink.
- Shield your pores and skin from publicity to ultraviolet rays from the solar and tanning beds.
- Eat a lot of vegatables and fruits.
- Hold a wholesome weight.
- Be bodily lively. One in three most cancers survivors take part in no leisure time bodily exercise.
For extra info, see Most cancers Survival in Ohio, obtainable on the Most cancers Information and Statistics webpage.
Sources: Ohio Most cancers Incidence Surveillance System, Ohio Behavioral Threat Issue Surveillance System (2019), Ohio Division of Well being; American Most cancers Society; Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention.