1. You by no means know what you’re going to get from Invoice Walton when he calls a university basketball recreation for ESPN.
Throughout final night time’s Oregon-UCLA recreation, he in contrast the switch portal to Tinder, had no concept that he had as soon as gained the Sixth Man Award within the NBA and went off about individuals complaining about followers not being within the stands for video games due to COVID-19.
Walton’s associate, the superb Dave Pasch innocently requested Walton a query throughout the broadcast. In a classic Walton transfer, he responded by asking Pasch why he was asking him a query. Pasch defined that Walton is the analyst on the printed and that he had nobody else to ask inquiries to as a result of no one else was within the area.
That was all Walton wanted to go off.
“I’m uninterested in your complaints about that,” Walton fired again.
Pasch stated he wasn’t complaining, however was making an attempt to let followers tuning into the sport know that UCLA isn’t permitting followers within the area in the interim. Nevertheless, Walton cast forward.
“There’s a PANDEMIC occurring. Please. There are public well being points.”
Pasch then tried to clarify UCLA’s coverage, however Walton wasn’t .
“There’s not followers within the constructing as a result of persons are dying of COVID and persons are involved about that,” he stated.
Pasch, God bless him, once more tried to clarify the UCLA coverage, however it was fruitless as a result of Walton was on a roll.
“Properly, are we gonna hearken to the docs or not?” he requested. “Isn’t that kinda why we’re on this ongoing program? As a result of individuals don’t hearken to the docs. Are you a part of the issue or the answer?”
After which it occurred.
A “Walton Second” grew to become a real “Walton Second” because of some unimaginable timing.
Proper after he requested, “Are you a part of the issue or the answer?” he yelled, “THROW IT DOWN!” as a participant missed a slam dunk.
The person actually went from saying “persons are dying of COVID” to “THROW IT DOWN” in a matter of seconds.
2. We told you in yesterday’s Traina Thoughts about Invoice Belichick’s sporting a “Hazard Zone” sweatshirt to his press convention a few days in the past. This was ripe materials for Good Morning Soccer‘s Kyle Brandt, who gave a spectacular efficiency on Friday’s present.
3. It took a couple of years, however Tom Brady has weighed in on that dumb story line from the Tremendous Bowl loss to the Eagles when Brady did not shake Nick Foles’s hand and folks received all labored up for some purpose.
4. Julian Edelman is performing some promotion for a sports activities betting firm through which they gave him $100,000 to wager on a Patriots-Bucs Tremendous Bowl. He is taking advantage of the content material recreation surrounding the wager as you may see with this video.
5. One observe for any of my fellow degenerates who plan on putting a wager this weekend: Underdogs are 15–3 within the wild-card spherical since 2017.
6. A brand-new SI Media Podcast dropped this morning and this week’s present options an interview with Richard Deitsch, who beforehand hosted the present. Deitsch, who now works for The Athletic, mentioned the state of podcasts, what makes a very good podcast and what makes a very good host. We additionally talked about sports activities media information objects, together with the disappointing scores for the school soccer nationwide title recreation and the NFL’s being arrange for a monster postseason on the subject of viewership.
Within the weekly “Traina Ideas” phase of the podcast, Sal Licata, from WFAN and SNY TV in New York, and I focus on the NFL wild-card matchups, sports activities betting coming to New York, Cobra Kai and far more.
Please keep in mind to subscribe to the SI Media Podcast and depart a assessment on Apple.
7. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: Pleased 68th birthday to “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, who together with Yokozuna, was the catalyst for probably the most ridiculous efficiency of Vince McMahon’s complete broadcasting profession.
Make sure you catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and take a look at the Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on Apple, Spotify or Stitcher. You can even comply with Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.