OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – As COVID-19 instances proceed to climb throughout Oklahoma, some healthcare suppliers are taking further steps to sluggish the unfold of the virus.
SSM Well being St. Anthony Hospital introduced that it’s limiting the variety of guests of their amenities.
“Because of the Omicron surge, the demand for care in our hospitals is at its highest peak for the reason that begin of the pandemic,” mentioned Joe Hodges, Regional President, SSM Well being Oklahoma. “Alongside well being care suppliers statewide, our workers is overwhelmed, and we’d like the general public’s assist to get this virus below management.”
All SSM Well being St. Anthony amenities are limiting guests to the authorized minimal whereas following the Oklahoma No Patient Left Alone Act.
Officers say particular circumstances are in place for compassionate care, labor and supply care, most cancers care, behavioral well being sufferers, and sufferers below isolation precautions.
Along with getting vaccinated, carrying masks, washing palms and watching your distance, SSM Well being St. Anthony recommends the next precautions:
- Postpone social gatherings and occasions till case numbers lower.
- Do business from home, if in any respect doable. If distant work is unavailable, make as many conferences as doable digital and keep away from breakroom gatherings.
- Put on a masks over the nostril and mouth – ideally a surgical or N-95 or KN-95 masks – when exterior your private home, no matter vaccination standing.
- In case you really feel sick or suspect you might have been uncovered to COVID-19, keep residence till you might have outcomes of a destructive PCR COVID check.
- In case you are experiencing an emergency, dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- In case you want a routine COVID check however don’t require emergency medical therapy, go to www.testokc.com to search out the testing location nearest you.
Counsel a Correction